Fulton County Schools Community Schools
The Community School Initiative is a response to the growing need across our state to address non-academic barriers to student learning, and to a body of research that shows students are better able to learn and achieve when those barriers are removed. A community school is a school that offers comprehensive educational opportunities through both academic and nonacademic services while partnering with families, students and the community to increase student access and success. FCS is partnering with Metro RESA to bring this vision to life.
Whole Child Tenet #1: HEALTHY
- Each student enters school healthy and learns about and practices a healthy lifestyle.
Whole Child Tenet #2: SAFE
- Each student learns in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe for students and adults.
Whole Child Tenet #3: ENGAGED
- Each student is actively engaged in learning and is connected to the school and the broader community.
Whole Child Tenet #4: SUPPORTED
- Each student has access to personalized learning and is supported by quality, caring adults.
Whole Child Tenet #5: CHALLENGED
- Each student is challenged academically and prepared for success in college or further study and for employment and participation in the global environment.
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Framework