Office of Student Supports
NEW Residence Requirements
REVISED BOARD POLICY JBC
Persons enrolling a student shall submit two proofs of residency from the school system's approved list of verifiable residency documents: one from the approved utility list and one from the approved residency list, upon initial enrollment in Fulton County Schools or upon entry into Kindergarten, 6th, 9th grades, and when there is any address change.
If proof of residency is delayed, the student will be provisionally enrolled for a period of 30 calendar days. At the end of this 30 day period, if proof of residency has not been provided, the student may be withdrawn. The school will notify the enrolling person at least 10 calendar days prior to the withdrawal of the student.
How Do We Verify Residence?
1. One Utility Proof (MUST be current)
- Water Bill
- Electric Bill
2. One Residence Proof (MUST be current)
- Copy of home mortgage payment
- Lease/Renters Agreement
- Current bank statement
- Copy of Section 8 / HUD housing contract
- Copy of home contract
- Homeowner's / Renter's insurance card
- Current paycheck stub
- State driver's license / ID with current address
- Current HOA Bill / Statement
Note: Proofs should be collected upon entering K, 6th, 9th grade for new enrollees, and change of address
Note: We no longer collect annual verifications.